Monday, September 11, 2006

An auspicious anniversary


Today not only marks the fifth anniversary of 9/11, but this is also the one-year anniversary of my first post. Last September 11th a nom de plum was born and she is Motherkitty. This also marks my 139th post.

When I first started this blog, at the insistence and urging of my husband and daughter, I had my doubts. Who in the world would be interested in what I had to say? And, what on earth would I talk about?

Well, I have learned some valuable lessons this past year. I learned that my writing ability has improved over the past year. I learned that people were actually interested in what I had to say. I learned not to be so critical of others. I learned to love not only myself, but also those I'm in contact with. I've made some remarkable friends. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE so I won't embarrass anyone by inscribing any names here. (Just look on my sidebar and you will see what I'm talking about. Which reminds me. There are names that need to be added but I've been busy with tributes and things. It's on my to-do list.)

I've learned how to do things on the computer that I didn't know before. I also learned that there are so many lovely, interesting, intelligent, nice, gentle, loving, caring, and wonderful people out there who have so many varied views of this world. I correspond with lovely people all over the world. I can see how they live their lives and they can see how I live mine. I have met their families and they have met mine. We've shared recipes and we've even shared some joys and sorrows.

What I've learned most from blogging is that I need you all so very much. You are important to me. So, I want to thank you all for a most interesting and enjoyable year of my life. I have been changed by you and I will never be the same. Blog friends may come and go, but this experience will remain with me forever.

15 Comments:

At September 11, 2006 9:32 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Happy Blogiversary!
I can't tell you how happy I am that we have become blogging friends! (both in the comments and behind the blog in e-mails) I am always so happy to see your post highlighted in bloglines!
Your comments on my posts are an unfailing bright spot in my day!
((hugs))

 
At September 11, 2006 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I haven't gone back and read your earliest posts, but I think your writing is wonderful--I can almost hear you when I read your posts, like listening to someone tell a story. Keep up the good work!

 
At September 11, 2006 10:29 PM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

You have done a wonderful job with your blog. You encouraged and mentored me with my blog. I too wondered who would read my thoughts but there is a huge world out there. I have spent many hours learning about all sorts of people who I would never have had the opportunity to know. Thanks MK, Happy Anniversary

 
At September 11, 2006 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mother Kitty! I love yoru blog and I always look for you at my own. We love you too!..:)

 
At September 12, 2006 12:24 AM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Hey Motherkitty....

Happy Anniversary.....it was nice to come to your blog and read something so uplifting.

Like you my computer skills are slowly improving as a result of blogging...but most of all it has been a great pleasure to meet someone as special as you. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Keep up the great work....cheers...and "Blog On!!!"

 
At September 12, 2006 5:35 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

What a difference a year makes! Mine anniversary is today the 12th! We must have ESPN...

Love your blog, keep up the good job!

 
At September 12, 2006 5:44 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

We need our Motherkitty, too!

Happy One Year of blogging!!

 
At September 12, 2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mother Kitty ~~ Happy one year
anniversary in the blogosphere. Thankd you for your comments about my 9/11
post. It was a privilege to have "met" Guy. There were some lovely tributes
to some wonderful people. It is nice to meet you. Take care, Merle.

 
At September 12, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Alipurr said...

Happy Anniversary, Motherkitty. The name certainly fits you, I have always thought so. You are my mother, and you have always been a mother to all the kitties that have landed on your doorstep. I know there have been times when I have not let you mother me and it is good for you to be a Motherkitty here. I, myself, am learning to be a mother, mostly by trial and error, as we all do. I am glad you started blogging, and I am glad I helped nudge you into it. It is certainly a way to keep ourselves looking outward in the world and not all the times looking at ourselves. It is good to have some where to share our joys and sorrows. Mom, I am glad you are an avid blogger, though sometimes I can certainly get a small tinge of jealousy, knowing that your love is so spread out. But I know better. A mother's love never dwindles, but multiplies according to however many children she has. I will just have to be a good sport and share you with the world. :)

 
At September 12, 2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Happy anniversary! How fun. Good for you for keeping it up. It is a fun time isn't it! Cheers!

 
At September 13, 2006 12:15 AM, Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Congratulations!

 
At September 14, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Alice said...

I'm sorry I missed your anniversary, but I'm glad you have found your first year of blogging so rewarding. I hope the next year will be even better as you 'travel' to new countries, meet new friends, learn new interests, and know that you are thought of and loved throughout the world. God bless you always.

 
At September 14, 2006 3:29 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Yes, Happy Bloggyversary! You have such an endearing and sincere way with words. I always look forward to your post. :) Even though I am newer at this, there are difinitely certain people who have lifted my spirits and given me something to look forward to and you have been one of those people. Your comments have always brought a smile to my face. Thanks for being a good bloggy friend. :)

 
At September 14, 2006 6:10 PM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

I would like to thank all my blogpals out there in the ethernet for your congratulations and fine wishes on my one-year blogiversary (as Sue says). You have been a blessing to me and I hold each of you in my heart every day.

 
At September 22, 2006 10:43 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

happy Blogiversary Motherkitty!
I'm sorry I'm late with my wishes.
As Sue says, your comments on my posts are a bright spot in my day and always so heartwarming. I love visiting your blog to see what's on your mind and what you've been up to. You are such an encouragement to us all and your writing is straight from the heart and very genuine...a real blessing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home